Salute to the Sea

Salute to the Sea
"Salute to the Sea" by Zvonko Car, 1956, Locals call it "Girl with a Seagull" in Opatija, Croatia

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week of April 10 – 16th, 2011



This week has gone by so fast and yet I wasn’t busy at all.  I’ve been trying to read Beowulf (from my free e-books library); only about half way through it and it’s less than 200 pages.  Guess I’m no more mature now than I was when I had to read it in college!  It’s still a chore to get through this one!  And no one to help me understand it…

Well, it did get me back into the Bible Studies I brought with me.  So, that’s a good thing.  I’m determined to use all the things we brought with us and to wear every item of clothing we brought.  So far, not hard to wear the clothes because after we packed our suitcases we had to unpack and repack them and leave some things behind, including clothes.  Sure am getting tired of these clothes -- can’t wait till it gets a little warmer so I can wear different clothes.

Spring here is like the spring I had where I grew up.  It’s a real season – it lasts more than just a few weeks.  In Oklahoma, spring doesn’t last very long; it’s already in the 70’s and 80’s there.  It gets hot and stays hot beginning in April and lasting through October.  So, I’m enjoying the spring weather here, just wish I had more Spring clothes with me!  

So, why not just buy some clothes?  In Pula, everything is very expensive.  The hair stylist that cut my hair explained it very well:  EU prices but Balkan wages.  I know I’ll buy something eventually but figure I’ll wait awhile to start buying things.  Still 3 months ahead of us here in Pula and only 1 ½ months behind us!  And have to be able to fit everything in the suitcases when it’s time to return to Oklahoma!

Next week, we’re going to Opatija for a few days and I want to see what the prices of clothes are there.  Then I’ll know if I need to buy things when we’re in Pula or away from Pula. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews