Salute to the Sea

Salute to the Sea
"Salute to the Sea" by Zvonko Car, 1956, Locals call it "Girl with a Seagull" in Opatija, Croatia

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Interesting People


Okay, Class:  Raise your hand if you’ve ever met someone who was born in Siberia!   This was amazing to me and I had so many questions for Mara.  Her parents were shipped off to Siberia in the 1940’s from Estonia.  She was born there and lived there till sometime in the 1950’s.  When she was a little girl they were sent back to Estonia.  Her only other comment about it was that she remembers it was “cold; very, very cold” as there was no heat in the house.  I wanted to know so much more but felt if she wanted to talk more about it she would, so I kept quiet.  Not an easy thing for me!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews