Salute to the Sea

Salute to the Sea
"Salute to the Sea" by Zvonko Car, 1956, Locals call it "Girl with a Seagull" in Opatija, Croatia

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday


Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
Easter April 24, 2011

Sometimes there’s nothing like an old hymn to help me realize all over again how wonderful is God’s plan for us.  One of the best hymns that celebrates Jesus Christ’s victory over sin and death and God’s redemptive plan for all of us is Christ the Lord Is Risen Today, written by Charles Wesley, 1707-1788.
Click on the link below to hear the hymn.

Up From the Grave He Arose is another of my favorite Easter hymns.  For a reggae version of this hymn, check out this video from youtube:

This version has puppets and rock-n-roll .  Something for everyone! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uK47WSzt0U


In the US, in addition to the special Easter music and the special church services, kids and adults also enjoy colored eggs and candy; lots of candy.  Chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow chicks of all colors.  My favorites are dark chocolate and spicy jelly beans and just one of those little marshmallow chicks would make my Easter basket complete.

When I was a little girl, all the women and girls got new outfits for Easter Sunday.  And I’m not just talking a dress.  This was an entire outfit:  a new dress, new hat, new shoes and new gloves were purchased just for Easter.  To get so many fancy new cloths all at once was a VERY big deal! 

How times have changed…now everyone just buys whatever they want whenever they want…no more special outfits for Easter.  Never thought I’d miss that…my mother and I had different ideas about what to wear back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews